Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Monday, October 11, 2010

'Hanukkah in Chelm' Update

My goodness, I can hardly believe it. Rehearsals are coming together for my musical and it's such a thrill to see talented actors, dancers, musicians and singers working so hard on something that I wrote!!! Some of the performers have come up with amazingly inventive suggestions throughout, including a few new lines.
When you read a book the words make pictures in your mind so each page comes to life. In a stage production the same thing happens except, of course, it comes alive in the theatre. If you happen to be in Vancouver on November 21st please wend your way to Granville Island's Waterfront Theatre. The curtain goes up at 2pm. And if you can't make that show then how about on November 28th, same time but at the Peretz Centre on Ash St. across from the Oakridge parking lot. I'm the one onstage carrying a suitcase.
p.s.
My son is taking a creative writing course and his class has been asked to listen in to conversations on the bus, in the street, etc. and then to create a story based on the snippet of dialogue you heard. I thought that was so creative that I'm passing it on to you to try.

1 comment: