Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Writing Year - 2011

When I'm writing about such things as the weather I'm hampered by not being able to really understand how it works. As we are driving around town my husband tries to explain to me about cold fronts and westerly winds and different cloud types, but then I forget. Maybe I need to take a beginner course in meteorology. Having said that I can't help noticing that the weather people on t.v. - no matter how attractive and well dressed and articulate they are, and no matter how well they point to things on the blue screen as if they could actually see what we see - they still seem to get it wrong. For the past two weeks they've predicted snow in Vancouver - and then they take it back. Not that I'm about to complain about the lack of snow, because whilst there are floods and blizzards back East we in Vancouver have the oddest but prettiest weather. It's frosty, the temperature is 0 celsius as I write (11:37am on Sunday January 2nd) and the sun is so bright that I've had to wear sun glasses along with my wool hat, hand-knitted scarf (my hand, by the way) and mittens. Last night the sunset was like a blood orange bursting in the turquoise sky. If only I could come up with a story to put it in!
Wishing you all a creative and fulfilling year.

No comments:

Post a Comment