Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick and Dirty Grammar Tips

No, alas, this probably won't help with our eternal spelling problems or my fast fading memory for the names of simple household objects (yesterday, for example I couldn't remember 'fuse box.') I'm sure there are plenty of 64 year olds with minds like sharp tacks, but I'm not one of them. Anyway, this isn't about my sad brain cells but about grammar! I recently wanted to know two things. When to use WHO and WHOM and also ... why do I keep seeing 'that' where I used to see 'who?' I became so confused that I would interchange them just to be on the safe side. When I finally broke down and Googled these life and death questions I came upon the attached link. You might have to actually type it in, but if you type your question followed by 'quick and dirty grammar tips,' or something like that, you'll probably get the site, and your question will be answered with speedy simplicity. Go for it.



http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/who-versus-whom.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I have also noticed a great increase in the incidences of people using 'that' in a sentence where it should be 'who.' Few people know how to teach grammar these days... I think it may have been pushed out of the curriculum! Thanks for the link - it looks like a good site for these questions.

    ReplyDelete