Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Friday, May 6, 2011

Massachusetts Children's Book Award Nominee, And No One Told Me.

Because I'm a bit self centred I often Google my name. That's how I discovered that 'Honey Cake' had been nominated for yet another award - which it didn't win, but that's not the point. The award originated with Salem State University and it's a readers' choice award. The winners were announced around April 27th, 2011, but I didn't even have a chance to say, 'Oh, I'm just happy to be nominated,' or 'It's wonderful to be included on such an illustrious list of authors.' Which it is, by the way.
I feel as if I'd arrived at a party after all the guests had left. Never mind. It is an honour to have been nominated for another award.
The winner is: '11 Birthdays' by Wendy Mass
Honor books are: 'No Talking!' by Andrew Clements
'Savvy' by Ingrid Law
'The Magic Half' by Annie Barrows
'The Other Side of the Island' by Allegra Goodman
Congratulations to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment