Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stephen King?!

Well, yes. Imagine that. My writer/editor friend Cynthia Heinrichs suggested I might like Stephen King's book about writing: On Writing: a memoir of the craft it's called. Catchy title, you say. But he gets right to the point. I just started reading it because Cynthia's brilliant novel  Under the Mound is too heavy for me to carry on the bus if I want to shop and read. I actually laughed out loud! People on the bus ignored me, thank goodness. I'm only up to chapter one (there are three prefaces) but at this point I can say he's got my attention. His childhood memories are oddly like my own. And he's obviously making a point that your impressions and experiences colour your writing. In other words Pay Attention. Haven't I always said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment