Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Writing, writing, always writing. Or reading.

I'm writing two sequels to a book that isn't actually out there yet. I love the characters so much that I want them to continue doing funny things and having adventures. But don't worry, I'm still working slowly on my graphic novel - and a couple of other things too.

I've been reading a grown up book - for a change - and loving it. It's the sequel (those sequels again!) to Blood Rain by Michael Dibdin. This is called And Then You Die. You know how I love murder mysteries. The sequel is an easier read, and it has more humour. The reader knows a lot of things that the main character doesn't know. He has trouble understanding English idioms (he only speaks Italian), but we don't, so we get the jokes. I'm really enjoying the book. And every book you read is somehow important for your writing. You'd be surprised at where you'll find a bit of inspiration. I even find it in movies and plays and snippets of conversation overheard on the bus.
Keep those eyes and ears open, fellow writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment