Josephine's Dream Reading

Josephine's Dream Reading
Trying to look like Josephine Baker - and failing miserably!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
Conquering the Beast

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Gift of a Story

This year I didn't send Hanukkah cards. Instead, I attached one of my many Hanukkah stories to my email greetings.
For those of you celebrating Christmas today, why not write a Christmas story for your family? What a wonderful gift. It's something they can keep forever that's part of you. When my son was little he would often dictate stories to me that I would write down in a special book. I still look at them and marvel at his creative mind. If you want to do it that way, ask your dad or mom to grab a pen and notebook and just make up a story off the top of your head. Sometimes your own imagination can surprise you.
If you are reading this now, on the West Coast, it's 10:20am. So find a quiet corner and get writing.
If you live a few time zones away, you can still make it. If that doesn't work, there's always Boxing Day or New Year's Eve. If it helps, just scribble down some ideas first.
Snow, sparkle, firelight, mountains, elves, smell of pine, icy pine cones, mysterious stranger. Well, you get the idea.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment